Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Weigh in and Dresses, lots of dresses



Well, friends, I didn't do so good the past couple of weeks. If you recall, last week, instead of attending my meeting and getting weighed I went out for my birthday.  I splurged because it was my birthday.  Since then, however, I have really fallen off watching what I eat.  I have been "eyeballing" portions, eating out frequently and, while trying to order healthy, really not making wise choices.  So, last night the weigh in, for two weeks, was only 1.6 lbs lost.  FOR TWO WEEKS!  I believe that part of that was gaining back what I'd lost the week before my birthday.  In fact I know it was because according to my bathroom scale I'm up two to three pounds from what I was on my birthday.  Wow!  It's really easy for it to come back.

So I'm back on regular schedule.  My total weight loss to date is 9.8 lbs.  I am pleased with that.  I'd never thought it possible only one month ago.  I am, however, disappointed in myself for my lack of control the last week.

Now for dresses.  I love dresses! I adore dresses!  but at my size I feel like a giant balloon in them.  I see other "women of size" wearing dresses and they look so cute, but when I pick one out, well, it just doesn't suit me.  I feel my lack of desire to shop (see here) added to my complete lack of skill in picking clothes keeps me in tshirts and capri pants most of my days.

Here are some dreamy dresses I hope to get into one day.  I realize I won't be one of the size 0-2 models, but when I reach my goal I'll be able to wear these with confidence.  (Click on the pictures and it'll take you to their respective websites.)





I know they are simple, not bold colors (except for the yellow one) but baby steps people!  I'm not used to being seen.  I like to fade into the background.  Another problem I hope to conquer one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment